Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mexican Pizza

Tonight I wanted to make something delicious, but still healthy! Especially since I didn't work out.

I was stalking Pinterest looking for something good and I stumbled on a "Copy Cat Mexican Pizza", I knew it was something I could easily lighten up, so it was a winner!

Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
Taco seasoning (I just threw my own spices in with the meat, way less sodium that way. I used cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt and red pepper flakes)
Whole grain tortillas (I used one for mine)
Vegetarian refried beans (just a thin layer spread over the tortilla)
La Victoria salsa in a jar
Grated cheese
Lettuce (all I had was iceburg, but romaine would have been my first choice!)
Tomato (I was out of fresh tomato)

For fun I threw thinly sliced red bell pepper, red onion and avocado on mine.

Preheat the oven to 425.

Brown the ground beef
Layer the beans, salsa, meat, cheese, onions and peppers on the tortilla and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the tortilla is crisp around the edges.
Add lettuce, tomato, avacado and salsa and VIOLA!



A delicious, easy weeknight meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment