Friday, April 5, 2013

BBQ Chicken Pineapple Lettuce Wraps

Ok, I am totally and completely addicted to the "Food and Drink" section on Pinterest. So many of the recipes are not clean or healthy... those are saved and revisited on special occasions. That being said, I get really excited when I find a recipe that looks amazing and its healthy AND my family will love it... WINNING!

This recipe is pretty healthy for the most part. BBQ sauce has a lot of sugar and "junk" in it, so it's not really "clean", but its not too bad... especially served on lettuce leaves! You could always modify the recipe and use whatever you want as the sauce. I will have to try some different variations too!

Crockpot BBQ chicken and pineapple

1 bag frozen chicken breasts
1 bottle Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce
1 20oz can pineapple chunks (drained)

Cook on high for 4 hours and that's it!



I sliced up cucmber, carrots and avacado to put on top. No joke, they tasted every bit as delicious as they look!

This is a great recipe for spring/summer especially! The best part is it cooks in the crockpot! Nothing better than coming home from a long day at work to a "ready to eat" dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment